Monday, November 8, 2010

The Thankful Tree

This project started because I needed to do something with my youngest child. So, the thankful tree was born. You can, of course, do this with real leaves and twigs but we decided to make our own. I did a search for "free printable leaves" many, many sites came up. I printed out two leaves and then traced and cut them out of construction paper. We then wrote what we were thankful for on them and we are continuing to add to the tree through the month. My youngest then colored in the trunk. I also printed out bubble letters so that she could make the Happy Thanksgiving banner. It was a fun project and it is making us all think about what we are thankful for. I always love to hear how children answer the "What are you thankful for ?" question.

No comments:

Post a Comment