Monday, March 14, 2011

inspired today

I have not blogged in a long time.........but today I was inspired to write again. I taught for 15 years and I was blessed, every year, to work with amazing teachers. My children are blessed also, year after year, with amazing teachers. I was in class today with both of my children. One hour in each room. Both classrooms ran beautifully. It was so obvious that all of the teachers enjoyed being there and the children were engaged in their activities. After my volunteer time I stayed for another hour to take pictures for the yearbook. I was able to see other classes in action and they were just as wonderful. These teachers spend countless hours planning. I know that not every school is wonderful, I know that not every teacher is wonderful. That makes me so sad. It breaks my heart to know that there are great kids out there that don't have the educational opportunities that my children have. I wish I had a magic wand. I would use it to supply schools with amazing teachers and administrators, kids that care about their education, involved parents and quality supplies. What would you use your magic wand for?

No comments:

Post a Comment